Forum

Post subject: Evening all - Enfield rider new to the area
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:13 pm 
Evening all, just registered so figured I'd say hello - hello!

I live in Enfield, right near Trent Park, and (without wanting this to sound too much like a lonely hearts ad...) I'm looking to meet up with some local riders to get to know the area better and blow the cobwebs away.

I've been biking for years but am just now starting to get my mojo back after a mental 18 months of moving to the area, having twins (well, my missus did the hard bit...), fixing a house up and changing job.

So, back on the bike and so far I've ferreted out some half-decent singletrack and a dilapidated jump spot in Trent Park, plus the elusive Enfield Jumps, which are about 5mins from my house. I'm more XC than freeride though (and getting on a bit), so I'm mainly after some good local trails for 1-3hr blasts.

I'm up for weekend daytime rides every so often, but evenings are currently my best opportunity to get out (because of the small people at home), so are there any night riders out there?

I'd be keen to explore around Broxbourne and further afield, but since Trent Park is up the road I'm planning to session some cheeky singletrack there at least once a week to try and get my legs back.

Anyone up for that? Come on - it's more fun than a turbo trainer...

Cheers and thanks for creating what looks like a great forum. I'm looking forward to meeting up and getting some rides in.

Nic