Forum

Post subject: Wickford/Basildon rider
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:04 pm 
Hi all, just got back into MTB, live in Shotgate (Wickford) and mainly ride XC from Shotgate down to Pitsea and along the Thames to Hadleigh bike park and occasionally Windsor/Wales. Looking to start riding at Thorndon and Danbury if I can find some regular rides to learn the routes :thumbup:

Just ordered some lights so will be doing some night rides.

Currently riding a 2007 Spec Rockhopper pro with wide bars and a 2 X 9 set up (great bike even though it's a bit old now) and a 2013 Spec Camber FSR.

Be good to hear from local riders and start getting out on some rides, work shift work so can't always do the regular rides but am about in the week a lot, got a mate I ride with who'll also be up for a few group rides. :thumbup:

Cheers

Jay

Post subject: Re: Wickford/Basildon rider
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:26 pm 
I've just moved to Shotgate. I ride Sundays if I get the time. I'm trying to sort out a mainly off road from Shotgate but lack local knowledge.
Ideally I would like to find some local riding without having to drive somewhere first.

Post subject: Re: Wickford/Basildon rider
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:03 pm 
Holy thread revival!!!

I live in Shotgate, know a few off road routes out of Shotgate, PM me your phone number and I'll give you a shout. Bit muddy at the moment but I have rides from 5 - 35 miles all from Shotgate. Been exploring North up into Ramsden and found some half decent bits of single track :thumbup:

Get some lights if you fancy some evening rides, £12 from ebay.

I'm proper unfit at the moment so need to start getting out again!