Forum

Post subject: 40+ moutain biker in colchester
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm 
Hello everyone, hope im not to old for your group, if I am I would appreciate if anyone could point me to any other places which may suite.
I have just got back into mountain biking after years of being lazy and growing fat. would love to find people I can explore trails with, still love going down hill fast and prefer riding through forests rather being on the road.
would love to find people who are willing to travel to go to some places far away like the lake district, but maybe im getting ahead of my self. for now happy to get used to my bike in every condition to get me ready for that.

any advice on which safety equipment or other items I may need on rides will be greatly appreciated.

Sean

Post subject: Re: 40+ moutain biker in colchester
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm 
Plenty of us 40+'rs on here, we mainly organise rides through various groups on facebook now.
Danbury, Colchester bike park and Thorndon are close by, soon you will have Twisted Oak bike park too.

Safety wise, A decent helmet, a set of gloves and knee pads. Thomas revolution or sussed out are close by for you as its important to get the fit right.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:28 pm 
Plenty of us 40+'rs on here, we mainly organise rides through various groups on facebook now.
Danbury, Colchester bike park and Thorndon are close by, soon you will have Twisted Oak bike park too.

Safety wise, A decent helmet, a set of gloves and knee pads. Thomas revolution or sussed out are close by for you as its important to get the fit right.

--------------------------------------
Bike piccys!
http://tinyurl.com/okyhpdg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:23 pm 
Hi guys, not long in the area. Would love to hook up and go for a ride..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:24 pm 
Hi
In my late 40s would be great to tag along and enjoy mountain biking. I'm Braintree. Any gatherings? thx