Forum

Post subject: Re: Pump track tottenham
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 pm 
I will do my best to be at the launch. :thumbup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:29 am 
It looks awesome, ill have to make a trip down in the new year for a sesh.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:46 pm 
Thanks for the update Dan

more news here

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/tottenham-pu ... c-3rd.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm 
Looks good, there's pic of the track layout here...

http://www.lordshiprec.org.uk/2011/08/l ... ming-soon/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:03 am 
Dont waste your time going.
Its terrible. Doesnt ride well, nothing flows (other than the last few meters) and you cant generate enough speed to clear anything. Which would be ok if you could gain speed from the 'pumps'. But you cant.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm 
Is it really that bad??!!! What bike did you use? I was gonna go there soon.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:19 am 
Errrm, Im not gonna go back thats for sure. If your local, have a look.But dont travel for more than 15-20mins or so.
If you stick on the bottom bit, you might have more fun. But you have tp pedal your guts out non stop to make it anywhere near fun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 pm 
Just got back from trying out the track. I would describe it more as a single lane BMX or mini 4x track rather than pump track as there is no way this could be ridden without pedaling. I managed to clear the first three doubles but only by sprinting in from about 40m before the start ramp carrying that speed up and over and pedaling all the way in to the first jump. I guess with more skill I guess the next section would flow but for a mere moral like myself the slight hip on the third jump makes it a bit harder, I just couldn't keep it up to clear the forth. With the flow gone as lawbags says it's hard go generate any speed and to even ride over the rollers in the next section needs a good pedal. With a bit of speed these are fun if you can manual, I managed it well once with a sprint in, but again more skill needed! Shame it couldn;t have been built to use some of the natural elevation elsewhere in the park so it could be gravity assisted. Its a good work out though, my arms are as tired as my legs from pushing and pulling the bike around. I was riding a fully ridged jump bike so I would set forks stiff and don't even consider rear suspension here, it'll just suck up any vital energy. If you're relativity near by (10 min ride for me) it's a good place to train and for a bit of fun, coupled with a bit of a session in the skate park next door, but I'd agree it's probably not worth a huge journey unless your really keen for this kind of thing. Great community project though, I saw some kids trying it out and having fun on bikes so that can't be bad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:26 pm 
I did consider trying this place out today as I work in Tottenham, but I was too tired.
just about managed my cycle back to highbury

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:45 pm 
Despite the negative reports of this place i decided to check it out yesterday....it would have been rude not too considering i only live 15 mins down the road!

First off Broadwater farm is NOTHING like it used to be. It is actually a very tight nit community of people who are proud of their local area and the how its changed over the last 20 years. I must admit i was very sceptical at first when i heard of where it was going to be built. However I was there on my own yesterday afternoon and was approached by a range of people who were as nice as you could ask. Speaking to one of the local guys who works with the local community he claimed there have been 0 crime related incidents since the track opened. Not bad eh?

Kind of agree with Anselm in that the track does not really work as a pump track. I was getting round the whole thing ok but with some tweaking it could be a really awesome track. The frustrating bit about the design for me is the flat sections!? The pump tracks that i have been impressed with in the past are the ones with no flat sections at all so you literally pump the whole thing constantly. Also the damn thing is HUGE two consecutive laps and was sounding like an asthmatic!

Would still say its well worth a visit and everyone should try and support it. Stealing Anselms words.... it is a great community project but Im guessing if this one is not successful then the local authorities will think twice about putting one anywhere else!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:45 pm 
Hi guys

I know this is an old thread, but saw this and had to ask...

I used to ride here - started riding here in 1989 and continued to build and ride here until around 2000. We built several jumps coming off the last one build on the track (which was turned into a sweet table-top). Are there any remains left - does it look like there were jumps there once - just to the right at the end of the main track?

I can feel the excitement of the memories coming back :-)

--------------------------------------
Yet you, a unidexter, are applying...